March 13, 2011 § Leave a comment
Well, I turn around and a week has already flown by without me even visiting here! In my other incarnation as the company director for Links for Change, a volunteer linking service, I have been flat out trying to get things under control before Pocket turns up.
To maintain some sense of self, I have been interspersing this with some jewellery making. So here’s my round-up of the weekend which has basically involved collecting materials and making things!
- Beautiful, but as yet useless, glass bubbles from the Vernissage which I think are for a Chinese therapy called ‘hot cupping’.
- Finally finding a use for all the brown paper bags our organic veg is delivered in by making my own recycled Jiffy bags (tutorial to follow soon).
- Hours of stitching for the latest additions to my jewellery collection (soon to be available to buy online!)
Other (unphotographed) activities:
- Packing my hospital bag for the birth (is it that time already?).
- Turning an old Ikea muslin curtain into drawstring bags (again, tutorial to follow) in the continuing quest for perfect packaging to accompany my jewellery.
- Reading sooooo many business books I think my head might explode.
- Thinking of everyone in and out of Japan affected by mother nature’s devastating power.