March 13, 2011 § Leave a comment
Well, I turn around and a week has already flown by without me even visiting here! In my other incarnation as the company director for Links for Change, a volunteer linking service, I have been flat out trying to get things under control before Pocket turns up.
To maintain some sense of self, I have been interspersing this with some jewellery making. So here’s my round-up of the weekend which has basically involved collecting materials and making things!
- Beautiful, but as yet useless, glass bubbles from the Vernissage which I think are for a Chinese therapy called ‘hot cupping’.
- Finally finding a use for all the brown paper bags our organic veg is delivered in by making my own recycled Jiffy bags (tutorial to follow soon).
- Hours of stitching for the latest additions to my jewellery collection (soon to be available to buy online!)
Other (unphotographed) activities:
- Packing my hospital bag for the birth (is it that time already?).
- Turning an old Ikea muslin curtain into drawstring bags (again, tutorial to follow) in the continuing quest for perfect packaging to accompany my jewellery.
- Reading sooooo many business books I think my head might explode.
- Thinking of everyone in and out of Japan affected by mother nature’s devastating power.
March 3, 2011 § Leave a comment
Well, my last Weekend Round-Up post proved to be something of the blogging equivalent of a sun dance! Since then, the cloud has parted and every morning I have woken to sun steaming in through the curtains, giving me renewed impetus to get out of bed and get creative. Sadly, my sewing machine has other ideas and has decided to go on strike, putting my latest jewellery collection on hold. Whilst I resolve this technical problem, I thought I’d share the collection’s colour pallet with you all.
Hopefully, I will have some of the collection to show you when I get my machine back on track.
March 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
Well, it’s been a busy week here in Yerevan, and it’s only Wednesday! You may recall last week’s Monday Moodboard – all metals and fabric. Well, the first pieces of my new jewellery collection (name still to be determined – suggestions welcome) are complete. Yet to add them to my Esty shop but I though it was about time I unearthed some of my own creations.
These pieces are constructed from 100% recycled materials and each tells a little story of its past life….
Grey, fabric bangles with metal detail. Great individually but they also love company!